HUMAN RIGHTS GUIDANCE AND TOOLS
HUMAN RIGHTS ENGAGEMENT WEBINARS
UPR-Info webinar for the GPC “An Introduction to the UPR” (April 2021):
- English: (Webinar recording) / (PowerPoint)
- French: (Webinar recording) / (PowerPoint)
- Spanish: (Webinar recording) / (PowerPoint)
HUMAN RIGHTS AND COVID-19
Additional resources available on OHCHR’s page: COVID-19 and its human rights dimensions.
HUMAN RIGHTS IN HUMANITARIAN ACTION ESSENTIAL GUIDANCE AND TOOLS
- UN Secretary General – The Highest Aspiration: A Call to Action for Human Rights, 2020
- UN “Rights Up Front”: Summary UN General Assembly, 17 December 2013
- Protection of Human Rights in Humanitarian Crises: a Joint Background Paper by OHCHR and UNHCR, 8 May 2013
- OHCHR: International Legal Protection of Human Rights in Armed Conflict 2011
- Fieldview Solutions: Influence on the Ground (L. Mahony and R. Nash) 2012
International human rights law continues to apply to all situations of humanitarian emergencies, whether conflict or natural disasters. International human rights instruments, notwithstanding strictly defined and time bound derogations, apply throughout the continuum of humanitarian emergency planning, preparedness, response and recovery. For the list of international human rights instruments applicable to humanitarian action please click here.
HUMAN RIGHTS PROTECTION GUIDANCE FROM INTER-AGENCY STANDING COMMITTEE