ESSENTIAL PROTECTION GUIDANCE AND TOOLS
Apart from the documents produced by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC), the Global Protection Cluster (GPC) has collected, for your convenience and use, a variety of products which the GPC considers to be essential in providing protection to affected populations as well as to improve clusters’ response capacity. These resources are listed below and reflect either guidance aimed at resolving a certain problem or difficulty with regard to field protection cluster core functions or specialized areas and tools helping to carry out and implement a specific guidance on a particular issue.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you possess guidance or tools that are not provided in the list below and that you consider to be essential to the functioning of field protection clusters.
- IASC Framework on Durable Solutions for Internally Displaced Persons
- ERC – Durable Solutions in Practice Handbook, September 2017
- ERC – Guidance Checklist on Durable Solutions to Displacement, 2016
- TWGDS – Durable Solutions Preliminary Operational Guide, 2016
also available in: ES AR
HUMANITARIAN COORDINATORS & HUMANITARIAN COUNTRY TEAMS
- Addressing GBV: Practical Steps for HCs and HCTs, 2017
- Q&A – The Centrality of Protection
- STAIT – Centrality of Protection: Practical steps for Humanitarian Coordinators and Humanitarian Country Teams
- GPC – Provisional Guidance on HCT Protection Strategies