STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK 2020-2024
To fulfil our mission, we will focus on the following strategic priorities.
1. We will put basics of coordination and collaboration in place in all our operations.
We will consistently put in place principled and effective coordination, collaboration and analysis to meet cluster responsibilities and to contribute to timely and informed decisions by Humanitarian Coordinators (HCs) and Humanitarian Country Teams (HCTs).
2. We will ensure voices of crisis affected persons and communities are heard, especially the forgotten ones.
We will amplify the voices of persons affected by humanitarian crises and ensure consistent and predictable representation of their issues, so they can be addressed by relevant responsible parties.
3. We will meet the challenges to make protection actions contextually appropriate and complementary.
Through joint analysis, we will achieve effective and appropriate collective protection outcomes with development, human rights, peace and security actors especially in mixed, climate change response and violent extremism situations.
4. We will champion and advance durable solutions that meet protection standards through a nexus of humanitarian, peace and development action.
We will promote protection as a core element of humanitarian work addressing protection problems and creating conditions conducive for durable solutions that are recognized as essential in development and peacebuilding efforts.
5. We will continue adapting to the shifting operational environment and keep looking forward.
We will contribute to the identification of protection response gaps and challenges including in emerging and growing trends and engage partners to respond creatively.